Monday 30 July 2012

CAPE TOWN FASHION WEEK ROCKS THE CITY!

It came as no surprise that Neon Green was a firm favourite with the cheerful crowd at Michelle Ludek's show on Friday afternoon, and without doubt, the venue roared with applause. Much to my delight, since I spent some time in Europe in the last summer, and obviously enjoyed the advantage of a preview of things and trends come to South Africa, and some pre-summer shopping!. Since we are one season behind, regular travelling abroad does have it's advantage! A Lot of bright Orange, Cobalt blue and Neon Green was seen in Michelle's collection, and her new range of complimentary shoes was equally well received! Like before, her entire collection represented comfort and femininity without compromising on style.

The evening did not go by without spending time doing some serious people watching in between shows! Sophistication reigned supreme, and most females were dressed with strong individual style with a lot of emphasis on Neon and a multitude of pop's of Orange, a firm favourite. Black cemented itself firmly into the scene and presented a stylish and elegant image of finesse. I was rather flattered that my over sized embroidered clutch bag received so much attention and envy, yet a little back staged by it's overwhelming beauty, with all lens openings clearly only focused on this stunning accessory of mine,  with no consideration for my shoes! Of course the bag was chosen to compliment my two toned shoes, of which only one was worn since my left foot was still in a plaster cast! (Did I mention my penchant for killer heels before?) I soon realised that my bag over shadowed the shoes, and dominated my carefully assembled look!

Altogether, Cape Town put it's best foot forward, looking forward to next year's Fashion Week!

Ciao Bellas

Fiftyfabulous

No comments:

Post a Comment