Wednesday 3 April 2013

ZEBRA PRINT

The beautiful Black & White striped jacket in a soft mock suede, was inspired by the unique patterns of the African Zebra.They present different patterns in Black & White stripes, each being different and unique. They are related to the African equids (horses) although they have never become domesticated. They are on the favourite list as lion food,although they defend their offspring with a vicious kick, packing a mean punch and deterring young lions from feeding on their young. The pattern has influenced fashion over the years, but never featured as dominantly as now, with not only the particular print being  a popular trend, but also featuring prominently in the concept of Black & White. I devote this outfit to this beautiful breed. I happily revived an old pair of Palazzo pants which seemingly finds it's way back onto the fashion scene from time to time.

So by the way, the Zebra lives in small harems.....
 
 






Jacket - Belle Epoque
Peplum top - New Look
Palazzo Pants - Woolworths (Old)
Shoes - Next
Sunglasses - Ray Ban
Watch - Chanel
Cuff - Honey (Old)
Neck Piece - Sass Diva
Photograph of
Zebra Calf feeding
at Garden Route Lodge, Western Cape
 




 
 

7 comments:

  1. You look adorable Nicolene !! I am totally in love with your zebra print blazer and purse !! Have a nice day :)

    XX Luba

    WELL LIVING BLOG
    http://www.well-living-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, appreciate your support of my style! Hope you have an equally beautiful day! The blazer is from my own limited range, bringing a little Africa to my blog!

      Delete
  2. Nicolene, I love this outfit from head to toe!
    Really everything - the blazer, bag, shoes.
    You look so classy!

    I don't have any wide or flared trousers yet because I always think I am too short but need to try on a pair with high heels.

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, Palazzo pants tend to "compact" us a little, but high heels compensate for it, even at 1,78m tall, I feel a little short in these. However, they wear so well!
      FF

      Delete
  3. Thank you dear, so happy to have all of you girls like my post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great looking jacket! I used to want a pet zebra when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the inspiration for your jacket! You look great.
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete