Friday 14 June 2013

BEAUTY WITHOUT CRUELTY

As some of you who read my posts on a regular basis will know by now, I firmly believe in sustainable fashion and promoting the concept of fair trade in manufacturing. It is a relief to see how many manufacturers have agreed to the improvement of conditions in response to the recent tragedy that killed several people in a clothing factory. That said, it follows that I also support and promote beauty products that do not allow animals to be used as guinea pigs. I wholly support organizations like The Body Shop who supports the concept and who has become internationally known for the responsible and animal friendly development of their products.
 
Tomorrow sees the opening of another store in the department store of V & D in Amsterdam. The Body Shop complies with the Humane Cosmetic Standards, which are set by the British Union for Abolition of vivisection, and regarded as the highest standard in the industry in as far as it relates to animal welfare. Congratulations to both V & D for associating with The Body Shop and wishing you much success on the road ahead! If we all support institutions like this, the world could become a much friendlier place for all of us, no matter how big or small.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I love The Body Shop products and their fantastic body butters are my all time favourites.
    Several years ago I sold their products as an "At Home Consultant" besides my regular job until L'Oreal decided from one day to the other to stop that business in Germany.
    I am still convinced about their concept and quality and think Anita Roddick, the founder was an amazing woman.

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful to see - I often buy from The Body Shop! I can't stand buying from stores that don't believe in sustainable fashion etc. (That's why I wear a lot of vintage.)
    Thank you for your comment on my blog about the Seychelles. You should definitely go if you can!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Loving green movements
    Wish you a week full of happiness!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete