Tuesday 25 June 2013

ENDANGERED SPECIES ON THE CATWALK

The vast land, and the bounty of Africa's animal kingdom, is part of my genetic composition. Hence my passion for animal print, allowing me to nurture the trend and simultaneously promoting the abundance of my homeland. The Zebra is probably one of the most beautiful animals in the wild, defending it's young with a kick that could leave even a lioness breathless. Yet it does not deter the lion from preying on the Zebra, with their young being a favourite meal to the king of the jungle. Their Black & White coats exude beauty, and they move with such elegance, no wonder the trend returns to the catwalk with such conviction. The print allows this blazer to by re-styled in so many ways, the next combination would probably include the introduction of a third colour, adding some spice to Africa!


 
 


Blazer - Belle Epoque
Pants - Country Road
Shoes - Next
Bag - Celine Boston Tote
Sunglasses - Bucharest Street Market find

12 comments:

  1. Love this zebra inspired look Nicolene, animal prints are always fun !
    I wish you a gorgeous day !

    XX Luba

    Beautiful giveaway of organic cotton tee with positive quote, today on
    http://www.well-living-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicolene, so great to hear from another SA blogger, thanks for stopping by. I like how chicly you have styled this look, animal prints are always a great look, love the blazer. I read that you went to Tuks, me too. Your blog header pic looks lovely, the location looks so familiar but can't pinpoint it. Hope you have a productive and positive week ahead hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your reply, I thought it was somewhere in Madrid, really great shot!

      Delete
  3. You look fabulous in that bold zebra print. And I'm *drooling* over that bag!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, I made this bag my reward for achieving a goal!
      FF

      Delete
  4. Fabulous, Nicolene, your entire look is gorgeous.
    Which colour would you add? I was thinking in the direction of curry, orange or red.

    Annette
    Join my giveaway: Fabulous clutch
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette, nice to be associated with fellow stylish women! I would like to add Red or Orange with the Zebra stripes, but also matched it with Turquoise, surprisingly nice combination!
      FF

      Delete
  5. Zebra is such a nice change from leopard! Great and well thought out layers. I'm enjoying seeing your other-hemisphere winter ... you look lovely. Those shoes and bag are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, I appreciate your support! Have a great day!
      FF

      Delete