Tuesday 12 November 2013

WIND SWEPT

When the wind blows in Cape Town, it brings summer rain to Johannesburg, 16 hours away by car. It also means that you cannot wear flimsy skirts as the South Eastern wind has no discretion and could easily cause you to bare it all. So if you find yourself in skirts when the Cape Doctor as it is known locally, billows, make sure you wear  drop dead  gorgeous underwear, perhaps in French lace? I have however resorted to  take shelter against the wind with a light weight mid season coat in an over sized style to conceal the blubber of my weekend binge of sweet things,  limiting my risks of being exposed up to the belly button. I note that over sized coats are big in the Northern hemisphere where winter is eminent. I seem stuck in the comfort of monochrome lately, and since I can just slip on a formal white shirt and blazer to comply with court attire if I am suddenly required to venture there, my outfit is easily adjustable from playfully casual to office like. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Coat- Asos
Pants- Studio W
Breton Top - Primark
Shoes - Asos
Handbag - Louis Vuitton
Sunglasses - Prada, Sunglass Hut

17 comments:

  1. So pretty, I love the design on your pants, so wonderful :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen you in a lot of black and white recently and I love it as your outfits are certainly never boring! Another great look today and this is how I love a pattern mix - with monochrome colours as it looks more sophisticated.
    Your coat is awesome and I'd instantly wear it! I love this mid length as it is also very practical.
    Unfortunately I have to get my warm coats out soon, we had temperatures below 0C this morning...

    Annette | Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I super love that coat.....& your mix of prints, patterns & textures is wonderful!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing combo!! :)

    kisses!

    http://sherryvintage.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/t-h-e-p-o-r-c-e-l-i-n-b-l-z-e-r.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice outfit! I like all the patterns, it all goes well toether. You look so chic and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do so love your style. We Durban girls are not so polished. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Nicolene, your description of the wind in Cape Town and its effects on the skirts is fun. Do not believe the weekend affect your figure, you look gorgeous in the post. I love the look, the pants are gorgeous, and the jacket also. A very elegant and balanced proposal. You look lovely, although the wind alter your hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brava Brava Brava - love the pattern matching with the black and white! Hopped over from Style Elixir.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nicolene, you look so polished and sophisticated in this stunning ensemble, love the classic coat and clever print contrast. Thanks for stopping by sweety!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, I appreciate your comments and regular stops on my blog! Have a great day!
      FF

      Delete
  10. I love the classic coat! Nikolene! You look absolutely fantastic:) i love it :) kisses Beata

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute look and fantastic coat! Kisses dear.
    http://www.solaanteelespejo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, I am in good company with all my new blogger friends, inspiring me with such kind words.
      FF

      Delete
  12. One of my favorite of your outfits ... great print combinations and so chic in black and white! There's a non-saccharine sweetness, an easiness that I just love. But still sophisticated and very worldly. Cool girl meets very "old money." Now that's a look to keep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, I find your comments most encouraging and as inspiration to explore my wardrobe for more exciting options, I actually started a digital file with pics of ensembles allowing my quick access to a "library" of outfits in case I suffer "creative block" on days that don't allow much time to ponder and contemplate what to wear!
      Have a great day!
      FF

      Delete
  13. Amazing outfit! I am loving all the patterns going on, and your coat is gorgeous =)
    Inge
    This Ever Evolving Life

    ReplyDelete