Wednesday 6 August 2014

MERCEDES BENZ CAPE TOWN FASHION WEEK- WHAT I WORE

The beauty of Fashion Week is that you can be a little bold, or wear anything creative, hence my decision to sport bright mustard yellow tights with an otherwise monochrome outfit. Monochrome is always chic and elegant, but sometimes you have to bend the trend a little further to give the look a creative edge, hence my decision to ad some spunk to my bold window pane print and mismatched skirt, yet still blending harmoniously. I call this harmoniously mismatched. I am smitten with the trend, and in spite of not enslaving myself to trends but rather to dance to my own tune, I welcome this phenomenon with open arms. One can ad any striking colour with a single accessory to break up the monotony of single colours, and still preserve the carefully matched look. With the addition of my over the knee boots, I felt like a true musketeer.
Coat - Tesco
Skirt - Peter Pilotto, modified to make it longer!
Boots- Kelsy Dagger
Handbag - Chanel 

11 comments:

  1. Amazing outfit! Those BW I just love and the red lipstick so great on you! (so funny - modified to make it longer!, those little details and remarks assure me you must be a wonderful person to be around)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Martina, the knees need a little cover up-hence the skirt being altered!:):)
      FF

      Delete
  2. Amazing look and cute coat dear!
    http://www.solaanteelespejo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, so kind of you to stop by again!
      FF

      Delete
  3. So chic and elegant, I love this on you!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline, you always encourage me to dress up!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful black and white outfit! Your are very elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dan, you are very stylish yourself!
      FF

      Delete
  5. Fabulous look, Nicolene. I think your "mismatch" is a perfect ensemble all together!
    Your over the knee boots are simply stunning.

    Annette | Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing B&W combo... this mix of prints is grgs!!!!! Great bag!!!
    Kisses darling!
    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete