Saturday 4 July 2015

CHARTREUSE PLEASE

The more I see you, the more I want you.... thats how I feel about my Chartreuse coat that had to travel right across Eastern Europe  onwards to the Netherlands before it found it's way across Africa into my wardrobe. I have literally navigated the world to find a coat in this dynamic colour. Neither Yellow nor Green. 

Trust the French who aptly named it Chartreuse. It's oversized, bold in colour and with generous flare sleeves, and without calling it a copy, I 'd say inspired by Celine... My heart rate suddenly increased when I first laid eyes on it, knowing instantly that this was it. The more extravagant version by Celine was no longer to be found so I settled for this one, no regrets. The palpitations only subsided when I left the store with it safely tucked under my arm. Can a piece of clothing really cause so much excitement? 

Oversized coats requires the bottom to be tapered down, and should be worn with slim pants to avoid looking like the bag lady I described before. It looks gorgeous layered with another slim fit jacket underneath and a pencil skirt or straight leg pants and high heels. If you're on the short side, it could easily weigh you down, so one has to be mindful of  not adding to much bulk on the bottom. Now go on, go get your spot of colour to perk up your winter wardrobe. I dare you.








Coat - H & M
Skirt - Country Road
Turtle Neck - Monton
Boots - Salvatore Ferragamo
Barrel bag - River Island
Fur Hat- Prague Christmas Market
Tights - V&D Amsterdam
Long Scarve - Woolworths
Sunglasses - Miu Miu

8 comments:

  1. That color is so dynamic, and you look wonderful in it! The print scarf and argyle tights are nice accents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great statement coat. You look amazing. It is so strange to see you in warm clothes while me being in swimsuit in hot weather under the palm trees. Must be the same for you vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chartreuse is a beautiful colour and you wear that elegantly cut coat so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous coat! The word chartreuse itself speaks of originality. The flare sleeves are what get me most. I'm also admiring your barrel bag. Heads will turn when you go out in this I suspect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie, the coat could become quite a collectable!

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous colour, marvellous :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kizzy, I take colour inspiration from you! :):)

      Delete